WorldWide Aquaculture, LLC (WWA) is an international research, consulting and development company working with sustainable aquaculture. We are based in Northern Colorado, but work on projects around the world. Our goal is to play a small part in increasing the awareness of the benefits of sustainable aquaculture as a community based food source.
We are currently developing community scaled systems in our Northern Colorado research complex that can generate reasonable profits from systems that are constructed with minimal capital outlays. We are actively demonstrating the viability of these systems both ecologically and economically. We call this ECOLONOMIC.
We are also working on sustainable aquaculture projects throughout the world that include:
- super-intensive shrimp culture in Colorado and Ohio
- community scale aquaponics development in Colorado, Minnesota, Dominican Republic, Alberta CA, and Costa Rica
- Livestock micro-green culture in Colorado
- Coral banking research and development in Colorado
- Coral live-rock production in Colorado
- Super-intensive shrimp culture research in Colorado
- Local scale aquaculture in farm ponds
- Aquaponics in farm ponds
We are currently very excited about our “partnership” with a group in Minnesota directed by Akash Haider who are developing a regional scale indoor commercial aquaponics and sustainable agriculture program. This project is a pioneering effort for the Minneapolis metropolitan area.